Thursday, July 23, 2015

Last Lecture

It is hard to think of what you would want to say to someone else if it was your last lecture giving. I would be worried that I would give poor advice and I would be even more worries that my advice wouldn’t be followed. However, as I look back on this semester I feel that one thing I learned that could be linked to most of the lessons is to work on your business and not in your business. As I went through the lessons and read many of the case studies I felt that remembering this principle would help in many cases.

There are many stresses that can come living the entrepreneurial lifestyle. I feel a large majority of these stresses are cause by the entrepreneur allowing his business to run his life. Once you as the owner of the business start to feel owned by the business, you need to recognize that a change needs to be made. Make sure you have your priorities straight before you even begin your business. Sit down a write what is most important to you in your life. For example, God, family, yourself, and etc. as you do this your will better understand what steps to take so that the business you create can be used to improve those aspects of your life. You will spend a large portion of your time working on your business, but when you look back at those moments the last thing you want them to be doing is replacing other events that should have had precedence.


Entrepreneurship has many rewards and benefits. I hope the step to become an entrepreneur is taken by more and more people everyday. I believe that entrepreneurs are the most inspiring and motivational people around. These people help make dreams become reality. The pros of entrepreneurship do come with some responsibility, but they also heavily outweigh the cons if you are willing to work, be humble, and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment