Monday, February 16, 2015

Craving Criticism

This week I had the chance to read about some myths on entrepreneurship. Some of these myths I felt I already knew and some I previously believed. After reading these myths I was able to have a clearer idea of what an entrepreneur actually was. I then took these myths and shared them with family, friends, and colleagues. The individuals I shared them with were also able to develop a better understanding of entrepreneurship. Then after sharing these myths I asked them to compare me to a successful entrepreneur. The shock didn’t come in the actual results, but it came in the results I wanted to hear.

Everyone loves to hear how well they do things, and they love hearing the positives things people have to say about them. Hearing these compliments is necessary to help people develop, but also builds confidence. However, as I have gone through this course I have been able to find my strengths, which is very valuable, but unlike in previous times in my life I salivate at the thought of hearing something negative about myself.


During this course I have sought constructive criticism and found that is where I have learned the most. As I have attempted to change behaviors, apply new concepts, and stretch my limits I have seen more progression in myself than ever before. I see myself more comfortable and confident doing things I would have avoided before. I am more aggressive with my success and see more hope and a brighter future. These results and feelings make me crave criticism like I never have before. As I continue to apply my strengths and work on my weaknesses I will be more capable of helping myself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment