Saturday, January 10, 2015

Diligently Seeking Opportunity

I am very exited for this class this semester. In my other business classes I have taken, I have always enjoyed the sections we covered about entrepreneurship. I hope I learn a lot about what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur, and that I can apply the skills I learn.

I had the opportunity to read a couple talks by Elder Bednar, which I have previously read before. However, these talks are so inspiring and powerful that I could re them over and over again. One of them is “Your Whole Souls as an Offering to Him.” In this talk one of the things that stands out to me was being diligent in my learning efforts. I want to receive good grades, but I feel it is much more important to understand the material being taught. I have told people close to me that when I graduate I don’t care if I am valedictorian as long as I know more than the valedictorian does.


I also watched some videos of Guy Kawasaki. I was able to take some important lessons from him. I know that money is not the most important thing in the world. I want to be successful, but my family’s happiness is more important to me. If I can find something that I enjoy doing I will be better able to be the father and husband I desire to be. Mr. Kawasaki has many videos and speeches. I have been lucky enough to watch a few of them where I have learn that it is important to understand what to spend your time on and what not to spend you time on.  One of the most important lessons I learned from his videos is the importance of giving back. I believe a big part of being successful is being able to help others for their benefit. This will always help you keep a healthy perspective on life and business. Even though I will always keep my eyes open for opportunities to make money, I will also keep my eyes open for opportunities to help others.

1 comment:

  1. If you keep this blog up, I'll definitely be checking back here to see if you have any good tips! I am working on starting my own business, by this summer. I've never taken a business course of any kind, and my ADHD brain would probably NOT be able to sit through one, so I'm trying to learn in my own way, by reading books and blogs! I agree, money is not the most important thing in the world to me either. I just want to be able to get up each day and be excited about what I do!

    ReplyDelete