Tuesday, January 27, 2015

An Entrepreneur's Bucket List

           This week has put a lot of things in perspective for me. I listened/read a lecture given by a man who had very little time left to live. He spoke about living your dreams and how important it was. He had accomplished many wonderful things in his life and I was able to take his inspiring words and make my very own bucket list. This list has 50 things on it and I feel each and every one of them is attainable.

            Some of the things on my list are selfish, but there is many that are selfless as well. Some of the items need to be worked on immediately and others can be completed later in life. Some people may see items on my list as crazy or unreachable, but in my eyes they are all possible. As I looked at my list I was able to laugh, feel excited, and feel proud. I was able to see which things I viewed as important and interesting. I could see my definition of a success and happiness. I also saw what I viewed as a life worth living.

            How does this relate to entrepreneurship? Well, I did have some career goals on the list, but those alone were not what I saw as helpful insights to being an effective entrepreneur. Both the personal and professional goals on my bucket list will help me maintain balance in my life. Also, one side cannot exist without the other.  If I cannot achieve all the things on the professional side of the list, then it will be nearly impossible to attain all the things on the personal side. The professional side inspires the personal side and vice versa.

            I hope everyone will take some time to write a bucket list. It will not only give them a quick little snap shot of what they want their life to be like, but will help pull out the entrepreneur inside of them. It will help them make decisions, and take more risks. It will push them to step out of their comfort zone and learn something they most likely wouldn’t have learned other wise. It will help them see life more like and entrepreneur would, and that is the way I think life what meant to be seen and lived.


No comments:

Post a Comment